The results of the 2012 Global Advertising Specialties Impressions Study are in! Here are a few fun facts about promotional products that you might not know, and that prove promotional products are still one of the most effective advertising mediums out there.
- The average promotional product is kept for around 6 months, with many being kept even longer. The advantage here over other forms of advertising is that just one promotional product delivers your message for a far longer period of time.
- The #1 reason people will keep a promotional product is because they can use it to perform a task or action. 81% of recipients say that an item's usefulness is the primary reason to keep it, so when you're choosing promotional items as part of your marketing plan, be sure and choose something your target audience will consider useful. That way, they'll keep it around for awhile and you'll enjoy extended brand exposure.
- Almost 90% of those who receive a promotional product can remember the name of the advertiser on the item...overwhelming evidence that promotional products are excellent marketing tools.
- Promotional products have the ability to generate business from new clients. Overall, 1 in 3 people are more likely to do business with a company after they've received a promotional product from them. That number increases even more when the promotional product is unique or innovative.
- Imprinted bags receive a phenomenal number of impressions! Just one bag gets an average of 5,732 impressions over its lifetime.
- What's the first word that comes to mind when I mention pop-up internet ads and TV commercials? If you're like most people, you probably thought "annoying" or "interruption," or something along those lines. Promotional products are actually useful in helping people to achieve a goal, like drinking water or carrying groceries. 'Nuff said.
Research provided by the Advertising Specialty Institute, ©2012, All Rights Reserved.